FOREUM international fellowships (three years)
FOREUM is committed to funding and promoting scientific research into rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases (RMD) and has a goal to foster links between rheumatology units in different countries. Consistent with these goals is the establishment of a regular (yearly) call for international fellowships that have the specific objective of facilitating the development of research capacity and training high-caliber applicants in RMD research.
FOREUM International Fellowships are intended to fund excellent research projects in the field of RMDs that address any basic, translational or clinical aspects of these conditions.
The International Exchange Fellowship is based on two stages:
1. Initial stay in a host center to be introduced, mentored, and trained in specific techniques, models or patient data that are required to start and successfully conduct the project
2. Subsequent return to the home center to further develop and complete the research project in a protected academic time through the fellowship.
The fellow will be supported for a period of 12 months to visit the host center (first stage) and, upon successful completion, for another 24 months in the home center (second stage).
Call text Fellowship
Call timeline - Closed
- Call issue: 27 June 2022
- Closing date for Letter of intent: 04 September 2022
- Decisions on Letter of intent announced: 08 October 2022
- Closing date for full proposals: 06 November 2022
- Decisions on full proposals announced: 13 February 2023